I try to get down to the heart of the matter
but the outcome is I push it too hard in the wrong way
then the knife of love cuts the both way....
Dear, I am sorry that I hurt you, that's the last thing I wanna do in my life...
I hurt myself vice versa, believe me that I never meant to do that...
Once I said I will never go back,
but the truth is, I can't find the way back to you,
I go astray and need some help.
The worst part is, I don't even know how to call for help.
I am alone actually, even if I think I can pretend to get well along with the loneness.
Now I understand that the heart of the matter is forgiveness.
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore.
The Heart Of The Matter - India.Arie
I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear今天接到一通電話,是我最不想聽到的消息
But I knew that it would come 但我知道總是發生的
An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone 我們的一個老朋友告訴我
She said you found someone 她說你已經另結新歡
And I thought of all the bad luck, 然後我想起
And all the struggles we went through 我們一起經歷的那些衰事和奮鬥
How I lost me and you lost you 以及我們是如何迷失自我的
What are these voices outside love's open door 愛情之外到底還有哪些干擾?
Make us throw off our contentment 讓我們不懂得知足
And beg for something more? 而奢望更多
I've been learning to live without you now 我已經開始學習去過沒有你的日子
But I miss you sometimes 但偶爾我會想念你
The more I know, the less I understand 當我知道得越多,卻明白得越少
All the things I thought I knew, 原本以為自己已經知道的一切
I'm learning them again 現在我要從新認識
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter我試圖體會事情的真相
But my will gets weak 但我卻意志軟弱
And my thoughts seem to scatter 思緒渙散
But I think it's about forgiveness 但我想這一切是和寬恕有關
Forgiveness 要寬恕
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore就算...就算你已經不愛我了
These times are so uncertain 那段時間充滿了變數
There's a yearning undefined 那些思念也無以名狀
And people filled with rage 身邊的人們看起來充滿了怨懟
We all need a little tenderness 我們全都需要一些溫柔以對
How can love survive in such a graceless age否則在這個醜惡的世界愛無法存在
And the trust and self-assurance
that lead to happiness擁有信任與自信才能找到幸福
They're the very things we kill, I guess 但我想我們正在親手扼殺它們
Pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms
驕傲和比較不能填補空虛的懷抱
And the work they put between us, 那些充斥在我們之間汲汲營營
You know it doesn't keep us warm 你知道是無法讓我們感到溫暖的
I've been trying to live without you now
But I miss you, baby
The more I know, the less I understand
And all the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my heart is so shattered
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore
All the people in your life who've come and gone生命中有許多人來來去去
They let you down, you know they hurt your pride有些讓你失望,有些傷你自尊
Better put it all behind you; cause life goes on
別放在心上,因為人生總要繼續前進
You keep carrin' that anger, it'll eat you up inside
帶著憤怒的人生,終將會被它吞噬了本性
I wanna be happily everafter我想要有一個美滿的結局
And my heart is so shattered但我的心已經碎了
But I know it's about forgiveness我知道,這一切都和寬恕有關
Forgiveness要寬恕
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore即使,你已經不愛我了
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
我試著面對一切的真相
Because the flesh will get weak 因為總會有一天軀體會老去
And the ashes will scatter一切都會煙消雲散
So I'm thinkin' about forgiveness我想這一切都和寬恕有關
Forgiveness要寬恕
Even if you don't love me anymore即使你不再愛我了
Even if you don't love me anymore即使你不再愛我了